Wandering Goat

Travel stuff by Miguel A. Villarreal

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Vietnam photos

I have the time, so here goes:



Hanoi Opera House, epitomizes the french colonial period.



And aren't flowers usually pretty too, right?



Yup, I'm still alive, here I am near Cat Cat village forcing enthusiasm at my run of the mill surroundings.



Black Hmong farmers near Cat Cat, near Sa Pa.



Market day at Bac Ha....



....which is the home of the flower Hmong






...because of the way they dress.



Ha Long Bay. I wonder if these guys know where my mp3 player went?



The gateway to the Emperor's palace in Hue, lovingly restored and obviously very chinese influenced.



and an altar to the monkey god from the Japanese Covered Bridge in Hoi An. Even monkeys need gods.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cinnamon said...

I absolutley love your blog. Thank you so much for such a fascinating escape from a very ho-hum suburban mommy lifestyle. I haven't read all of the back posts, so I'm a little confused - are you doing this to write a book on your travels, or just for the joy of being a citizen of the planet?

Either way, dude, you so rock!

Awesome pics! Truly. But, OMG can you imagine the anal-retentive personality of anyone who arranged those flowers? Hrm, has Martha Stewart be abroad lately?

11:56 PM  
Blogger Miguel V said...

no book in the works, just writing it for fun and for something to do out here besides sit around and sweat and drink. Actually the older ones from when I first started (june/july 05) are funnier and probably better written before life on the road began to wear on me

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home