Wandering Goat

Travel stuff by Miguel A. Villarreal

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Steak ahoy!

A trend which I must note- now that I've recognized it as a trend- is a peculiarity of Malaysian steakhouses. I'm uncertain if they got this from some other locale (Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong frequently borrow each others habits though won't admit it) or this is something they invented.

Anyway I first saw this in Penang and seen it repeated here in KL: a Malaysian steakhouse apparently must be nautically themed. Such as the exterior always looks like the bow of an 18th century sailing ship and the staff is outfitted in full Jolly Rogers style regalia. The incongruity of this is obvious - nothing says fresh prime beef like the dried beef and moldy biscuit diet of Her Majesty's Fleet!


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home